Training + Certification
CERTIFICATION AND RE-CERTIFICATION OF SUPERVISORS
A Grand-Aides Supervisor provides oversees the web-based training of Grand-Aides as well as other classroom training, clinical training, and supervision for Grand-Aides.
Grand-Aides Supervisors are key partners in maintaining the integrity of the program. Participants who complete the Grand-Aides Supervisor program offered by Grand-Aides USA are certified to participate in Grand-Aides training programs.
Supervisor Certification assures that Supervisors know the Grand-Aides training program well enough to consistently deliver effective Grand-Aides supervision. Participants who successfully complete Grand-Aides Supervisor program receive certification, which lasts for one year.
Certification is granted to an individual, who must function within a certified organization. Therefore the name of the individual and the name of the organization appear on the certificate. Yearly re-certification is required.
Confidentiality Before receiving training materials, the supervisor trainee will be required to sign a statement that the person will not use any materials and will not duplicate materials or sell / give them to others. When the supervisor no longer works for that organization, all materials must be returned. The materials are all copyrighted. Patents are pending.
Annual re-certification assures that Supervisors maintain their Grand-Aides content knowledge. To re-certify, Supervisors must demonstrate their continued success by completing the following tasks:
- Supervise a minimum of 2 Grand-Aides per year.
- Receive “satisfactory” or better evaluations by at least 80% of the Grand-Aides sampled by the Grand-Aides Foundation.
- Successfully complete at least 5 hours of continuing education for Supervisors.
- Demonstrate to Grand-Aides USA that data on Grand-Aides encounters are up to date and accurate. Completed application is due after 10 months; a site visit is conducted as part of re-certification of the institution.
- Supervisor Re-certification is granted to an individual, who must function within a certified organization. Therefore the name of the individual and the name of the organization appear on the certificate.
BENEFITS OF RE-CERTIFICATION
In addition to verifying Grand-Aides content knowledge, Supervisor Certification provides the following benefits:
- Continuing ability to supervise Grand-Aides.
- Opportunity to participate with other Grand-Aides Supervisors in worldwide registries
- Supervisors have regular communication sharing best practices
- Opportunity to participate in joint research programs with other supervisor
COST OF RE-CERTIFICATION
Cost is paid by the Organization.
HOW DO I BECOME A GRAND-AIDES SUPERVISOR?
Becoming a Grand-Aides Supervisor requires the following steps:
- Be designated by your organization
- Complete the Grand-Aides USA “Train the Supervisor” program successfully
DO ALL SUPERVISORS TEACH?
In the vast majority of cases, supervisors train the Grand-Aides they supervise. However in some large organizations, there may be teachers who teach more Grand-Aides than they supervise. As well, in these large organizations, there may be supervisors who did not train their own Grand-Aides
HOW LONG DOES MY GRAND-AIDES SUPERVISOR CERTIFICATION LAST?
Grand-Aides Supervisor certification is valid for one year
WHO MAY I TRAIN ONCE I AM A GRAND-AIDES SUPERVISOR?
A Certified Grand-Aides Supervisor is required to sign a statement that the Supervisor will only teach Grand-Aides in the certified organization for which they work.
CAN I KEEP AND USE THE TRAINING AND OTHER MATERIALS AFTER I AM NO LONGER A SUPERVISOR ASSOCIATED WITH A CERTIFIED ORGANIZATION?
Absolutely not. You are required to sign a statement that you will not use any materials and will not duplicate materials or sell / give them to others. When the supervisor no longer works for that organization, all materials must be returned. The materials are all copyrighted. Patents are pending.