- Grand-Aides USA Summary
- Indonesia GA
- What's the Problem?
- Grand-Aides program goals
- Grand-Aides concept
- Grand-Aides and supervisor requirements
- What Differentiates the Grand-Aides Program?
- What we do: Grand-Aides USA Scope of Work
- Recognition throughout the world
Grand-Aides and supervisor requirements
- Some prior medical training (e.g. Certified Nurse Aide, community health worker) with added Grand-Aides curriculum
- Grand-Aides can be any age, but have the temperaments and personalities of a good grandparent: wise, being nurturing and caring, able to stay calm with a sick person, experience in caring for others, ability to coach others, generating respect with the patient, family and community; as one of our Grand-Aides recently put it: "TOUGH LOVE." We have graduated a 35-year-old mother of three who is fond of saying, "Been there; done that. I am a Grand-Aide." Hence the name of the program.
- RN or Nurse Practitioner
- Experience in managing patients similar to those managed in the Grand-Aides program
- Experience as a teacher of others (formally or informally)
- Able to function in an expert capacity, with enthusiasm in:
- Organizing the program and helping others such as other nurses, physicians and administrators to understand the program; i.e. a true advocate
- Managing patients
- Managing Grand-Aides – the Grand-Aides report to the supervisor